Human Resource Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required for GS-12: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing assistance to managers on civilian human resource principles; analyzing staffing requirements in assigned offices; assisting with the development and delivery of training briefings to the workforce on civilian human resource topics; and assisting with program requirements on complex staffing, classification and performance management issues. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service (GS-11 or equivalent).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Experience required for GS-13: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Serving as a senior advisor to management officials; providing expert technical advice and assistance on civilian human resource principles, concepts and techniques to determine appropriate action; developing and delivering training briefings to the workforce; and providing advisory services and program requirements on complex staffing, classification and performance management issues. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service (GS-12 or equivalent).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Human Capital Management
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Strategic Workforce Planning
If you are a current, Federal employee, you must include your pay plan, series and grade in your work experience(s) on your resume submission and/or upload supporting documentation (within-grade increase SF50) to show that you meet the time-in-grade requirement. In addition, if your step reflects '00', you must include your current salary for each position.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 10 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- For GS-13 positions: Desirable Completed Training - Completion of the Army Civilian Education System (CES) Advanced Course, the DoD Executive Leadership Development Program, or a similar mid level leadership development course.
- For GS-12 positions: Desirable Completed Training - Completion of the Army Civilian Education System (CES) Intermediate Course or a similar introductory leadership development course.
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
- If selected for a developmental grade level, this recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition (non-competitive promotion potential).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.