Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an Excepted Service position.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- ETHICS/CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT: All employees are subject to the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch, set out in Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, section 2635, including restrictions on owning financial interests that may conflict with performance of their duties. Some employees, like those involved in contracting or regulating non-Federal entities, are subject to Executive Branch Financial Disclosure requirements set out in Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, section 263.
- TRIAL PERIOD: This is an Excepted Service position. This job will be filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive service. Applicants selected for an excepted service position may be subject to a two-year trial period.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
To qualify for an attorney position in the federal government, an applicant must have a law degree from an accredited school and must be a current member of the bar in good standing: In addition to meeting the basic requirements for the position, you must also meet the specific requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To qualify for the GS-12, you must have:
- A second law degree (LL.M) AND at least one (1) year(s) of professional legal work experience of a progressively responsible nature.
- At least two (2) years of professional legal work experience of a progressively responsible nature.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must have either:
- A second law degree (LL.M) AND at least two (2) years of professional legal work experience.
- Experience - you must have at least three (3) years professional legal work experience of a progressively responsible nature.
To qualify for the GS-14, you must have either:
- A second law degree (LL.M) AND at least three (3) years of professional legal work experience of a progressively responsible nature.
- Experience- you must have at least four (4) years of professional legal work experience of a progressively responsible nature in the legislation and/or regulations legal practice areas.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of the announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
MANDATORY EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be citizens of the United States, possess a law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law school AND be an active member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of any state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Managers may exercise discretion to allow a limited amount of regular or task-based telework for this position.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be removed from consideration.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation