Maintenance Crew Chief
This is skilled and lead general maintenance work in the maintenance and repair of facilities throughout the Loudoun County Public School System.
An employee in this class is responsible for leading varied facility maintenance tasks performed primarily by Plant Engineers, Food Service Equipment Technicians and Refrigeration Technicians, to ensure work is completed safely and efficiently. Prioritizes maintenance requirements and available resources by assigning daily work tasks to maintenance technicians. Inspects the progress and completion of work performed by others to ensure conformance with prescribed standards and procedures.
* Oversees preparation of job estimates for materials, prepares sketches and plans; builds, installs and maintains refrigeration equipment; performs repairs and monitors operation of school physical plant
* Maintains, repairs, or replaces commercial food service related equipment in school kitchens and classrooms
* Assists Maintenance Supervisor in scheduling, planning and supervising the work of the assigned maintenance technicians
* Serves as an Essential Employee to perform emergency repairs or other priority facility operations
* Performs related work as required
Experience in performing skilled maintenance work at the master trade level on either commercial food service equipment, school physical plant, or commercial refrigeration equipment; or possess the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Licensed Master HVAC Technician (Desired) or Master Electrician (Desired); Universal CFC (Desired)
* Knowledge of commercial food service (kitchen) equipment repairs, maintenance, and installation
* Knowledge of commercial refrigeration equipment repairs, maintenance, and installation
* Knowledge of the operations and general maintenance work to support a school's physical plant
* Knowledge of the hazards of the maintenance trades and safety precautions utilized to minimize risks
* Ability to operate a computer based work management system; master level skill in using the tools, equipment and materials of the trade
* Current valid driver's license, CDL (Desired)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
The Maintenance Crew Chief reports to the Maintenance Supervisor in Facilities Services