Supervisor, Community Outreach Services
The Supervisor, Community Outreach Services, in collaboration with school counseling and school social work services, is responsible for the organization, operation, and coordination of the Parent Liaison program, Community Schools program, Parent Resources Services, and related professional learning.
* Provides leadership, supervision, and coordination of the Parent Liaison program in all schools; plans, coordinates and facilitates professional learning for parent liaisons;
* Coordinates and collaborates with principals, school social work & school counseling staff to identify needs and facilitate student, family, and community services; coordinates parent education programs with parent resource services staff;
* Provides oversight, coordination, and support for the implementation of the Community Schools Model in selected schools;
* Develops and strengthens partnerships and resources with Loudoun County Human Services departments, community agencies, service organizations and other community groups to link services to schools and families;
* Collects data and prepares local and state reports; conducts presentations to school and community groups;
* Supervises and monitors the program budget for Community Outreach Services;
* Serves on committees and completes special projects as requested by the Director of Student Services.
* Postgraduate Professional License with a Master's Degree in education, counseling or a social work/mental health related field; administrative or supervisory experience required
* Significant successful experience as a social worker or as a school counselor, preferably in public schools
* Experience working with school personnel and community members
* Knowledge of research and practical experience in working with issues surrounding diversity and family engagement
* Strong ability to resolve conflict through effective strategies and manage several assignments and projects at one time
* Communicates clearly with various internal and external stakeholders throughout the organization in oral and written forms; anticipates needs and responds in a superior and considerate manner.
The Supervisor, Community Outreach Services, reports to the Director of Student Services.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.