Public Relations Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $40,000-$60,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Advancement Services Manager, George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School
Under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving at the Antonin Scalia Law School, the qualified individual is the day-to-day manager of data, reporting, and donor support services for Scalia Law development team. Specifically, the Manager will be accountable for the quality, consistency and accuracy of all development-related information-including biographical maintenance, data extraction and reporting, production services, stewardship, and scholarship programs -and will serve as the primary conduit of all internal and external gift information. The Manager will serve also as a key liaison/conduit with the George Mason University Foundation (GMUF)staff. The Manager should ensure that legal standards and compliance with gift administration/tax policies and regulations, endowment reports, and scholarship reports are maintained through working with the GMUF staff.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Gift and Data Records Processing:
- Work with the GMUF staff responsible for biographical records management, gift records management, production, prospect research, stewardship, and scholarship programs, to develop and execute programs, policies, and practices that ensure Scalia Law constituent records and data management programs are accurate and reliable.
- Manage all Scalia Law internal and external constituent data projects and requests, evaluating and prioritizing such requests, coordinating and assisting with data entry and maintenance. Maintain familiarity with internal and external data sources.
- Perform a wide variety of support and administrative services for all development team programs, including but not limited to reviewing and supervising GMUFâ€™s centralized Scalia gift and pledge processing; generating and managing gift acknowledgments; maintaining biographical data; and creating standard tracking, metrics, gift, and campaign reports.
- As necessary, establish campaign tracking protocols and ensures adherence to reporting standards.
- Work with GMUF and the law schoolâ€™s Finance Office to ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures relating to receipt and deposit of gifts. Ensures adherence to industry standards and CASE/CAE best practices relating to data security, privacy gift receipts and acknowledgments. Database Administration and Analysis:
- Serve as the law schoolâ€™s resident expert on Ellucian Advance, including but not limited to liaising with campus technical support and with vendor as to new releases and problem solving.
- Work with GMUF in central Advancement, monitor day
- day operation of the data system, establish user security, maintain support tables, and perform necessary technical adjustments and updates as required for Scalia Law Advancement support operations.
- Develop and document standard reports for staff use.
- Work closely with Senior Data Analyst, all Scalia fundraisers and GMUF staff to ensure that all updated rating, bio/demo, prospect and other useful data, codes, data mapping and related requirements for Scalia constituents are created, maintained, updated and managed for the most accurate rendering of Scalia constituent data.
Planning and Support of Law School Programs: Alumni Relations
- Establish and maintain appropriate data and program coding in Advancement (ex. geographic cluster definitions for alumni) that are unique to Scalia Law and enable Scalia Law to support alumni programs.
- Maintain email addresses for electronic newsletters.
- Working with Director of Alumni Relations, provide support services for the iModules online marketing and email applications in support of alumni programming. Annual Giving
- Work with Annual Giving to create, maintain, and manage operations for annual solicitation segments, including tracking, metrics, and related data support required to determine success of annual giving programs.
- Facilitate use of demographic screening results and proprietary applications purchased from outside vendors for annual giving solicitations (direct mail, email, social media, Phonathon, crowdfunding, etc.)
- Working with the Director of Annual Giving, provides all necessary data and operational support for Scalia Lawâ€™s Blackbaud donorCentrics benchmarking program. Communications
- Provide Communication Director with data and systems support for all social media, web, and related presence for engaging constituents.
- Coordinates mailing of annual deans holiday card to campus employees, donors, volunteers, selected friends, alumni, admitted students and campus neighbors. Development and Support of Stewardship Programs:
- Produce annual summary letters to endowment fund contacts through communication with both the Law School and University Financial Aid, Provost Donor Stewardship, and Accounting Offices, and communication with student recipients.
- Assure the availability of all data necessary to plan and conduct any and all events for fund donors and contacts and fund recipients.
- Maintain Advance data on scholarship contacts, student recipients, annual awards, and changes to award criteria for Scalia Law students. Maintain paper files on all scholarships, including original agreements.
- Work with various University Advancement offices and Scalia Law to produce fund profiles â€“ identifying contacts and prioritizing schedule, conducting interviews, approving text, formatting, printing, and distribution. Assists with production of annual book of funds â€“ scholarships, prizes, lectures, etc.
- Produce data for annual year-end honor roll of donors and/or annual report, if applicable.
Required Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s degree in relevant field, or a combination of education and experience. * Experience in advancement and fundraising, preferably in higher education * Standard Query Language (SQL) experience and skills * Knowledge of one or more advancement industry relational databases (i.e., Blackbaud (BB CRM, Luminate, etc.) applications, Ellucian (Advance) applications, iModules, Salesforce, etc.) * Impeccable attention to details, quality of products/services, and accuracy of work * Collaborative, professional, service* oriented interpersonal style in working with colleagues, staff, supervisor, and constituents Preferred Qualifications: * Higher education and fundraising campaign experience * Masterâ€™s degree in relevant field * Direct experience in advancement operations and services in a higher education setting, with experience and understanding in interpreting state, Federal, institutional funds, IRS regulations, institutional governance, administration, etc. * Demonstrated successful track record in project management and acting as a liaison between technical operations staff and end users/customers, translating technical language and customer requirements as needed * Analytics and forecasting analysis and reporting skills
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10509z at http://jobs.gmu.edu and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and 130 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :