Program Admin Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Up to $55,000; Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) at George Mason University is seeking an energetic and experienced program specialist to join our technology commercialization enterprise. Working as part of a technology-focused team within the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) under the direction of the Director of Technology Transfer, the program specialist will be responsible for managing the processes of the office with respect to invention disclosures and patent prosecution as well as other administrative tasks.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Guidelines for this position: The candidate will serve as the administrative point of contact for all OTT related matters, tracking the progression of such matters through completion; be responsible for maintaining invention disclosures and patent records; coordinate docket meetings; maintain correspondence between internal and external stakeholders; review invoices from outside law firms; coordinate with accountants on financial matters as necessary; comply with federal reporting requirements under the Bayh-Dole Act; track licensee compliance with license terms and manage royalty distribution.
Characteristic Duties and Responsiblities
- Handle invention disclosures and patent related correspondence various other agreements.
- Manage patent prosecution timeline with external law firms for GMU inventions. Assist with preparation of documents related to patent filings
- Act as a liaison between inventors, office and outside patent counsels. Comply with federal reporting requirement
- Maintain OTTâ€™s patent database and generate docket reports and coordinate with attorneys and inventors to meet all due dates.
- Review legal bills for accuracy and work with university accountant for timely payment and incoming revenue distribution.
- Assist with marketing, licensing and other office activities as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required including but not limited to maintaining inventory record and software management.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in technical or business field, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of intellectual property protection regimes and procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to distill and articulate technical concepts in order to communicate effectively with attorneys across a broad range of technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with higher management and external stake holders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and manage various database.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent database organizational skills.
- Working familiarity of a technology transfer process.
Preferred Qualifications: * Masterâ€™s Degree in technical or business field. * Knowledge of Inteum and iEdision management system. * Knowledge of state purchasing systems such as eVA * Knowledge of various agreements (Inter-Institutional, Non-Disclosure, License)
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :