Executive Administrator (1102-679)
The Executive Administrator provides a high caliber of administrative support to the Vice President of Human Resources, as well as the Human Resources team,. This role maintains strict confidentiality, which requires a high degree of discretion. The Executive Administrator handles interactions with diplomacy and professionalism, and possesses excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills. The position requires flexibility and adaptability to balance the needs of the both the VP, and the Human Resources Department in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handles with highest degree of poise, diplomacy and attention to detail, routine as well as complex, diverse and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and practices
- Manages travel plans: arranges domestic, international and handles the related visa processing and coordination
- Prepares and manages expense reports that could be high volume and/or high complexity; Organizes team building activities for HR including birthdays and holiday events
- Monitors and reports on budget for HR including spend against projections and runs standard reports
- Manages calendars by balancing requests and priorities; coordinates across multiple calendars to schedule meetings and calls
- Drafts or refines business correspondence for executives and creates materials for meetings, including presentations
- Organizes and manages meetings, including development of meeting agendas, handling confidential materials, taking and disseminating meeting notes and following up on action items as needed. Arranges meeting logistics which includes reserving meeting space, sending calendar invitations, scheduling WebEx meetings, arranging teleconferencing numbers, and arranging/providing technical support
- Facilitates key business processes (e.g., procurement, contract management, etc.)
- Provides general administrative support for HR department, including stocking supplies, ordering business cards, etc.
- Keeps abreast of USP’s policies, mission and activities; uses discretion in handling sensitive issues and in determining issues that require attention May support cross-departmental and cross-divisional team with administrative needs as needed
- Recognizes and escalates issues potentially requiring upper management awareness and input
- Provide assistance for special projects upon request
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Associate degree and 5 years of experience supporting a Senior Executive in a fast paced environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience independently managing complex tasks, scheduling international and domestic trips
- Demonstrates highest level of ethics and integrity and embraces USP’s Core Values
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, listening and problem solving skills
- Excellent professionalism, accountability, and helpfulness, and possesses a customer service mentality
- Excellent teamwork skills and mindset
- Excellent written communication skills that convey professional presence
- Strong level of English spelling and grammar
- Discretion in managing highly confidential information
- Solid understanding of the executive and department priorities
- Pro-active and self-starter
- Responsive, flexible, adaptable; where international time zones are involved there may be a need to mirror the work schedule of the executive supported
- Flexible and open to new ideas
- Possesses a strong customer service approach and mindset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Manages time effectively across multiple executives’ priorities
- Can handle a variety of special projects at the request of the executives
- Strong computer literacy and competence and must be an advanced user of MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular