Ecosystem Partner Manager (Vendor Management)
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Purpose Of The Position
The position is responsible for managing Intelsat's overall relationship with iDirect and will oversee the management of Intelsat's iDirect based platform products, including the IntelsatOne Flex service, providing service to the enterprise and mobility sectors. These are key products in Intelsat's solutions portfolio, with significant internal and external visibility of their development and performance. The incumbent will work with Product Management, Network Engineering and Operations groups to ensure optimum product performance in terms of both revenue attainment and service performance. Requiring substantial interaction with equipment vendors and participation in the Product Development Lifecycle, the incumbent for this high visibility role will have a wide-ranging knowledge of the ecosystem for Intelsat EpicNG class satellites and ground equipment systems.
- Act as Intelsat's primary relationship manager with iDirect to support the achievement of joint commercial agreements and technical product development.
- Align with iDirect's Product Management team to ensure that their high-level platform/product strategies remain consistent with Intelsat's service offering strategies.
- Manage Intelsat's product requirement roadmaps for Flex and Network Broadband.
- Ensure that enhancement requests for each product are prioritized based on market drivers provided by Intelsat's commercial team and technical drivers provided by Intelsat's engineering team.
- Negotiate with iDirect to ensure Intelsat's product requirements are appropriately represented in their feature development and sprint planning.
- Feed iDirect's software upgrade schedule and new feature development timeline back to the appropriate commercial and technical teams within Intelsat and work with iDirect to manage this schedule.
- Act as the point of escalation in situations where Intelsat's technical teams require a higher level of support than the vendor is currently providing.
- Facilitate the transfer and communication of technical requirements when new satellite design technologies from Intelsat require new developments in iDirect's ground-system products in order to fully optimize performance.
- Partner with Intelsat Procurement during pricing negotiations for new hardware, software and their associated long-term maintenance and support plans.
- Develop and maintain a vendor scorecard to track iDirect's performance against mutually agreed KPIs.
- Assist Marketing on collaborative marketing initiatives and in the development of product guides and other sales enablement tools.
- Provide Product Management and Business Management teams with underlying product costs in support of standard and tactical pricing.
- Bring in vendor's expertise to provide product and market intelligence as needed.
- Collaborate with equipment vendor on technology testing initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelors degree and a minimum of seven (7) years experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements
- Business thinker with strategic skills and capacity to understand the business from a market and financial impact perspective.
- Proven vendor relationship management experience in B2B in the Telecom industry and/or equipment manufacturers (e.g. iDirect, Comtech EF Data, Newtec, Gilat or Hughes).
- Distinctive problem-solving and strategic planning capabilities.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact efficiently with peers, maintain and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent writing, verbal communications and presentation ability.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of iDirect's products for the Enterprise and Mobility market segments is preferred.
- Strong project management skills (attention to detail, time management, multitasking, time critical decision making).
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Self-directed with a strong sense of ownership, with the willingness to go above and beyond to resolve challenges and drive for success.
- Ability to identify and articulate how value gets created and refined within a value chain.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.