Senior HR Generalist - Benefits Lead
A growing government contractor and leader in IT services is currently partnering with Sparks Group to find a Senior HR Generalist specializing as a Benefits Lead. Apply now or call 703-620-6444!
- Maintains employee records, processes employment changes, maintains HRIS data entry for promotions, transfers, supervisor/location re-assignments, pay and benefit changes.
- Functions as the benefits subject matter expert and a liaison between benefits brokers, vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters.
- Responsible for the day-to-day benefit administration including employee inquiries, new enrollments and termination of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, 401(k), FSA, commuter benefits and COBRA administration.
- Manages and oversees Health and Wellness initiatives and works with provider to maximize benefits and opportunities.
- Provides monthly communication to the organization, highlighting benefits or health and wellness initiatives.
- Leads and administers annual benefits open enrollment to include setting up HRIS and file feeds, enrollment meetings to include scheduling providers, communications, materials and presentation.
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet, especially as it pertains to employee benefits.
- Administers Workers Compensation.
- Maintains OSHA logs.
- Reconciles monthly benefits invoices/premiums.
- Responsible for ACA reporting using 3rd party vendor.
- Provides benefit plan document mailings and required notifications.
- Administers FMLA cases and tracks employee leaves (STD, LTD, ADA required leave, etc.)
- Manages ADA, disability and FMLA paperwork to staff and communicates with disability carrier.
- Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
- Assists with employee relations issues including performance improvement plans, discipline and terminations.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Processes terminations and conducts exit interviews.
- 7+ years’ solid HR Generalist experience, with significant experience in benefits required.
- Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Must have experience with HRMS/HRIS, UltiPro preferred.
- Prior Government contracting experience a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of the Human Resources function to include a solid understanding of compliance requirements related to Section 125, ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal, intrapersonal) and ability to build strong relationships, gaining the confidence and respect of peers.
- Competent in delivering presentations in front of a group.
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours as necessary.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative, excellent attention to detail, and a dedication to follow up and follow through with ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with the team.
- Computer literacy - Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Senior HR Generalist - Benefits Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly