Senior HR Generalist - Benefits Lead
A growing government contractor and leader in IT services is currently partnering with Sparks Group to find a Senior HR Generalist specializing as a Benefits Lead. Apply now or call 703-620-6444!
- Maintains employee records, processes employment changes, maintains HRIS data entry for promotions, transfers, supervisor/location re-assignments, pay and benefit changes.
- Functions as the benefits subject matter expert and a liaison between benefits brokers, vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters.
- Responsible for the day-to-day benefit administration including employee inquiries, new enrollments and termination of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, 401(k), FSA, commuter benefits and COBRA administration.
- Manages and oversees Health and Wellness initiatives and works with provider to maximize benefits and opportunities.
- Provides monthly communication to the organization, highlighting benefits or health and wellness initiatives.
- Leads and administers annual benefits open enrollment to include setting up HRIS and file feeds, enrollment meetings to include scheduling providers, communications, materials and presentation.
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet, especially as it pertains to employee benefits.
- Administers Workers Compensation.
- Maintains OSHA logs.
- Reconciles monthly benefits invoices/premiums.
- Responsible for ACA reporting using 3rd party vendor.
- Provides benefit plan document mailings and required notifications.
- Administers FMLA cases and tracks employee leaves (STD, LTD, ADA required leave, etc.)
- Manages ADA, disability and FMLA paperwork to staff and communicates with disability carrier.
- Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
- Assists with employee relations issues including performance improvement plans, discipline and terminations.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Processes terminations and conducts exit interviews.
- 7+ years’ solid HR Generalist experience, with significant experience in benefits required.
- Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Must have experience with HRMS/HRIS, UltiPro preferred.
- Prior Government contracting experience a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of the Human Resources function to include a solid understanding of compliance requirements related to Section 125, ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal, intrapersonal) and ability to build strong relationships, gaining the confidence and respect of peers.
- Competent in delivering presentations in front of a group.
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours as necessary.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative, excellent attention to detail, and a dedication to follow up and follow through with ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with the team.
- Computer literacy - Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!