Finance Coordinator - travel required
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical support to the Financial Services Division in the areas of off-site financial coordination, division budget coordination, and general administrative duties associated with the Financial Services Division.
- Serves as Budget Coordinator for the expenses of the Financial Services Division.
- Responsible for the sample auditing of expense reports and corporate credit cards for proper adherence to NRA and IRS guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining the NRA Contracts list and filing system of contracts.
- Serves as the financial representative at NRA Competitive Shooting Events and other General Operations Division events, as deemed necessary, throughout the year. Responsibilities at these events include:
- Counting/verifying cash received on-site and making deposits and providing all copies and additional support to the Financial Services division for necessary inclusion in the financial systems. Maintaining controls over on-site credit card machines, running necessary close-out procedures, and providing all support to the Financial Services division for necessary inclusion in the financial systems.
- Coordinating with each event manager, the system and procedures for which prizes/awards are awarded to ensure accurate information is provided to Financial Services Division regarding winners for tax reporting purposes.
- Working at the prize/awards tables to ensure accountability for prizes awarded. o Coordinating with each event manager, ensure the award winners list is accurate and reliable and provide approved list to the Account Payable manager for inclusion in the accounting system, to include cash and non-cash awards.
- Ensuring procedures are in place ensure no award winner receives an award without completion and verification of the necessary forms for tax purposes (W9 or W8). o Calculating and collecting tax from foreign winners.
- Work in the Cash Office at other events including the Great American Outdoor Show and NRA Annual Meeting.
SCOPE: Visibility with NRA staff, vendors and the general public. Requires work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. National travel required. Weekend work and additional hours are necessary during travel periods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Administrative experience and relevant computer skills necessary. Knowledge in general accounting, auditing and finance helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Under minimum supervision, handles a high volume of work that is both deadline-sensitive and frequently confidential. This position requires working quickly under pressure while maintaining high quality. The incumbent must exercise considerable initiative, excellent judgment and discretion, as well as must be very detail oriented and flexible. Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Requires ability to communicate with all levels of management. Requires high visibility as division representative. Requires ability to maintain professionalism while inter-acting with employees and customers of NRA.
Familiarity with accounting procedures a plus. Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel desired. Must be able to pass a credit and background check.
*** This position requires periods of extensive travel, including multi-week out of town assignments ***
To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.