Consumer Safety Officer
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements.
A. A bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in quality assurance or a related degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: consumer laws, biological sciences, food science, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, legal investigations, law enforcement, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. (YOU MUST UPLOAD/FAX A COPY OF YOUR OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER PROOF OF EDUCATION PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING.)
B. The 30 semester hours may include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.(YOU MUST UPLOAD/FAX A COPY OF YOUR OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER PROOF OF EDUCATION PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING.)
Combination of education and experience--courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in paragraph A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.(YOU MUST UPLOAD/FAX A COPY OF YOUR OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER PROOF OF EDUCATION PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING).
You must possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 in the Federal service or public and private sectors performing the following; interpreting and evaluating standard analysis of scientific data; and developing and drafting reports on technical study findings and compliance documents.
I have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree;.
Combination of the required experience and education for this grade level.
You must possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 in the Federal service or public and private sectors performing the following; gathering and performing standard analysis of scientific data; reviewing gathering and performing standard analysis of scientific data; reviewing and evaluating scientific data for efficacy and safety; and preparing reports on scientific/technical study findings.
3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Combination of the required experience and education for this grade level.
(YOU MUST UPLOAD/FAX A COPY OF YOUR OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER PROOF OF EDUCATION PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING.)
In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
You must submit documentation to verify your eligibility to apply for this vacancy. For most applicants, an SF-50 will be required. However, if you are applying based as a Veteran, person with a disability, or a displaced former employee, you will be required to provide other supporting documents as applicable. See the Required Documents section for more details.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For more information about this requirement, please visit the U.S. Department of Education website for Foreign Education Evaluation.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 05/30/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointees FAQ - OPM
- Veteran's Preference: If you plan to apply for any kind of Veteran Preference, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. USAJOBS Veterans Site.
- Schedule A: If you plan to apply under Schedule A based on a disability, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Disability Employment
- Inter-agency and Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are a displaced Federal employee and plan to apply under CTAP or ICTAP, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Workforce Restructuring
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 05/30/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You need not respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of these Competencies.
- Technical Competence
- Investigating and Negotiating
- Oral Communication
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10203429 Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation