Congressional Affairs Liaison GS-0301-14 (DEU-LL)
Occasional travel - Some travel maybe required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
GS-14: Experience in preparing testimony for Congressional hearings; preparing Congressional correspondence on non-routine, complex, and policy matters, and participating in operational or planning meetings to discuss sharing information with Congress and major non-governmental organizations; identifying and summarizing Congressional or legislative positions for potential impacts to natural resources issues, specifically water resources management and power; and receiving and responding to staffers inquires and Congressional requests for information.
You must meet all the qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement. You may review the qualification requirements here.
This vacancy announcement does not allow substituting education for specialized experience.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- The Bureau of Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
- All males born after December 31, 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page,Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- If selected for this position, your appointment is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, during the pre-employment process.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a questionnaire and are subject to a criminal background check to determine suitability for Federal employment before appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Category rating and selection procedures will be used for evaluating this position. If you meet the basic qualification requirements, your on-line responses to the vacancy assessment questionnaire will be used to determine the quality and extent of your experience, education, training, etc., for placement in one of the following categories: 1) Best Qualified, 2) Well Qualified and 3) Qualified. Qualified candidates will be assigned a numerical score on a scale of 70-100 and Veterans with preference will be placed at the top of their respective category. The assessment questionnaire will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Applicants will be further evaluated on the following “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)” through your resume and responses to the online questionaire.
1. In-depth knowledge of the congressional and legislative process, the federal system of government, public participation, and institutional relationships.
2. Knowledge of the concepts, principles, methods and techniques of congressional and governmental communications, both written and oral, including writing and editing testimony and preparing witnesses.
3. Knowledge of water, power, and natural resources principles, practices, laws, policies, and legislation.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must make a fair and accurate assessment of their qualifications. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is apparent in your description of experience, competencies, skills, and/or education/training OR that your resume/application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here.