Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time-in-grade for this announcement is one year at the GS/SK-14 level.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
SO-01: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 level: (1) supervising or leading a staff of managers and managing the operations of an organization; (2) driving improvement and advancement through collaboration of Divisions and Offices to meet business needs and advance the Commission's mission; (3) managing internal controls and applying responsive corrective actions; and (4) developing policies and procedures for key process areas of the Office that ensure innovative, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of services.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments, please visit http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SURPLUS OR DISPLACED FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) is available to individuals who have special priority selection rights under this plan. Individuals must be well-qualified for this position to receive consideration for special priority selection. CTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified when receiving an adjudicated score of 80 or higher.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at the SEC, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process here. Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for SEC Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination. Applicants who believe they have been discriminated against on any EEO basis can seek recourse through the SEC's administrative complaints process. To be timely, an individual must enter the EEO process within 45 days from when they know (or should have known) of the alleged discrimination. Click here for additional information.
TTY/ASCII: Video Relay Service users are welcome to contact the appropriate SEC office or employee via the contact information listed above. If you do not otherwise have access to a Video Phone or Video Relay service, you may send us an email or use the Federal Video Relay Service via the internet. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service and to create a new account, please see: http://fedvrs.us/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. All applicants found to be minimally qualified will be required to provide narrative responses (500 words or less per question) regarding the executive and technical qualifications below. After the announcement closing date, an HR specialist will determine if you meet the minimum qualifications described in the Qualifications Section. If you do, you will receive an email asking you to respond to the core and technical qualifications listed below. You must provide your responses within 72 hours of notification.
You will be rated on the following Competencies:
1. Management Experience: Experience designing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals.
2. Leading Change/Achieving Results: Experience developing and implementing an organizational vision which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors of that organization. Examples should include experience implementing change in his/her organization, exercising leadership and motivating managers to incorporate vision and strategic planning into the process.
3. Building Coalitions/Communications: Experience explaining, advocating, and expressing facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner. Work environment may be experience working with the press, political appointees, Congress, and other high-level organizations and staff on various types of important national issues. Experience includes working in groups and teams conducting briefings with outside groups and gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
1. Knowledge and understanding of federal securities laws (e.g., the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940).
2. Experience leading a risk assessment and management program for a large organization. Please highlight any such experience at an organization that is regulated or subject to regulation by a federal financial regulatory agency.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10213891.