Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 20% of the time to meet with higher echelon, senior leadership and other stakeholders to discuss policy issues, legislation, regulations governing civil works and navigation matters.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Moving expenses may be authorized in accordiance with (IAW) Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Education Requirements:
This position has a positive education requirement. To view the educational requirements, go to the links listed below for each series you are interested in applying for on the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) website:
Civil Engineer (Series 0810) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/civil-engineering-series-0810/.
Geologist (Series 1350) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1300/geology-series-1350/.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience required at GS-14:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience which includes: providing, implementing, evaluating and interpreting civil works policies, regulations, guidance pursuant to Section 408; coordinating, managing and providing oversight to alterations of civil works projects pursuant to Section 408; conducting studies, analyzing and assessing reviews to make recommendations; applying independent judgment of technical analysis to resolve policy decision making issues; conducting briefings, attending meetings and conferences with internal and external contacts; and providing advice, guidance, recommendations to audiences internally and externally to defend and support the organization. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
This position requires a Professional Registration at the GS-14 grade level. The required type of registration shall be consistent with the principle duties, responsibilities, and nature of the position.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-13).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.