Information Technology Specialist (Security)
You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies below:
1.Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the meeting the competencies, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12), which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above.
Specialized experience is defined as (1) Use and familiarity with COMSEC equipment, services, and program requirements; (2) Performing vulnerability management services to include system/network scanning, performing analysis of system vulnerabilities, and overseeing the patching or application of compensating controls for systems or network components; and (3) Leading or performing IT Security or COMSEC training for groups of users.
If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must:
- Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The USAJOBS resume asks you to identify your ICTAP eligibility; the NASA Supplemental Information asks you to identify your CTAP eligibility.
- Be well qualified for this position to receive consideration. See 'How You Will Be Evaluated' for NASA?s definition of well qualified.
- Be prepared to submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP if you are selected for the position. This includes copies of your agency notice, most recent Performance Rating and most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) noting current position, grade level, and duty location.
Please list your General Schedule (GS) equivalency on your resume for every federal position you have held.
The payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This position is announced under Direct Hire authority. Recruitment for this position will follow guidelines established by the Office of Personnel Management for use of Direct Hire authority. A Human Resources Specialist will review your resume to determine if you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements.
FOR CTAP/ICTAP ONLY:
Qualified CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be assessed using NASA's automated system (Resumix) that matches the competencies extracted from your resume to the competencies identified by the selecting official for the position. Based on the competencies you match, you are placed in one of three categories identified as 90, 80, or 70 pt. quality categories, which are defined as:
90 pt. Category - Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and has experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
80 pt. Category - Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
70 pt. Category - Fails to meet criteria described in the 80 pt. category.
For the purpose of the CTAP and ICTAP, candidates rated in the top quality (90 pt.) category are considered well-qualified.