Regulatory Health Project Manager
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
All applicants must meet the following education requirement:
Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT, ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALSO:
In order to qualify for the position of Regulatory Health Project Manager, GS-0601-11, you must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 in the Federal service which include planning, focusing, and coordinating the program activities within the agency; reviewing and evaluating regulatory requirements for investigative submissions and stake holder meetings, and providing updates regarding the submissions to upper management.
Ph.D. or Equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.M., if related
In order to qualify for the position of Regulatory Health Project Manager, GS-0601-12, you must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service which include planning, focusing, and coordinating the program activities within the agency; reviewing and evaluating regulatory requirements for the drug/biologic application process; and providing advice and possible solutions to upper management.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 05/30/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointee FAQ - OPM
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- Pre-Employment Physical: NO
- Drug Testing Requirement: NO
- License Requirement: NO
- Immunization Requirement: NO
- Mobility Agreement Required: NO
- Bargaining Unit Position: YES 3591
- Veteran's Preference: If you plan to apply for any time of Veterans Preference, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. USAJOBS Veterans Site.
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
- Schedule A: If you plan to apply under Schedule A based on a disability, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Disability Employment
- Inter-agency and Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are a displaced Federal employee and plan to apply under CTAP or ICTAP, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Workforce Restructuring.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 05/30/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veteran's preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You need not respond to the KSA's directly, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies.
- Knowledge in applying a wide range of complex professional health science theories.
- Ability to coordinate a team project
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10210686 Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive