Occasional travel - Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PCS expenses, if authorized, will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
This position has both basic qualifications AND specialized experience:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Must have a bachelor's degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. NOTE: The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. The team provides complex auditing services directly affecting a large of complex multi-mission military installation.
Combination of education and experience, which included at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided me with professional accounting knowledge. Background also includes at least one of the following: 1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses (which can include up to 6 hours of business law); 2) a certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or 3)completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, provided that (a) successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that have demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4 year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, my education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-13) or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience must include professional knowledge of theory, practices, methods, and techniques of accounting and auditing; and knowledge of organizational practices, policies, and functions. Knowledge is sufficient to independently plan, conduct, and analyze evaluations of the agency's audit performance, determine cost/benefit relationships involving allocating audit resources. Skill in planning and developing the analysis techniques, interpreting findings, and developing or modifying techniques to resolve a broad variety of problems. Knowledge of methods to identify conditions affecting mission capability and to make recommendations to improve efficiency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
THIS IS A POSITIVE EDUCATION SERIES POSITION; YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT AT TIME OF APPLICATION TO SUPPORT THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT OF THIS POSITION.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and practices of accounting, management, and auditing to independently plan and conduct audit efforts in different locations and at different organizational management levels.
2. Knowledge of current trends and developments in the auditing profession within the government, public accounting firms, and industry.
3. Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, agency practices, policies, and functions.
4. Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of statistical sampling.
5. Skill in planning and developing the audit, interpreting findings, and developing and modifying methods and techniques to resolve a variety of issues.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; conduct Interviews; and maintain good working relationships.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives will not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret