Attorney Advisor (Legal Advisor)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position.Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Professional law experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience in or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
For GS-13: Applicants must possess at least three years of professional law experience and at least one year must be equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service. See specialized experience below:
1. conducting in-depth legal research;
2. preparing complex legal documents;
3. developing research strategies for legal issues; and
4. making oral presentations, to communicating research results.
For GS-14: Applicants must possess at least three years of professional law experience and at least one year must be equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal Service. See specialized experience below.
1. interpreting communication laws, statutes, regulations and/or rulemaking documents;
2. analyzing legal issues including weighing implications, identifying potential problems and proposing solutions;
3. writing documents to include briefs, issue papers, and report summaries with analyses and recommendations;
4. representing an organization and communicating its policy and/or legal position.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree JD, LL.B., and/or LL.M.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All candidates will be considered without regard to political or religious affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap, age, or any other nonmerit factor. THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions and/or do not submit a supporting resume will be rated ineligible. Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts); and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing to produce a variety of legal documents.
- Ability to analyze legal and policy issues.
- Ability to explain complex or controversial information to diverse audiences.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation