SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
GS-14: One year of specialized experience which includes coordinating, planning, and executing polices throughout the Continental US and US territories. Services provided impact various installations, MAJCOMs, level organizations who depends on the team to provide full spectrum of personnel lifecycle policy and program directives related to recruitment, placement, and management advisory services and to process and certify a variety of miscellaneous personnel actions from a centralized personnel. Develops performance standards and rates subordinates' performance; advises employees on work and administrative matters; implements methods and procedures to improve organizational performance; and identifies and provides for employee training and development. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-13 grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, executive orders, policies, and concepts governing various federal civilian personnel disciplines and, in particular, those pertaining to staffing, placement, and Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Programs.
2. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO principles, regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the functions, work operations, and staff of a small to medium sized organization, coordinating and integrating the work activities of several organizational segments and/or several different projects.
4. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing; train and work with widely diverse individuals and groups; and represent the activity to gain support for program goals, both within and outside the organizations.
5. Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions, working out solutions to problems and/or questions relating to work.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret