Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel to Afghanistan may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Expert knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to complex projects from the preplanning phase through completion and final delivery of the product/service.
- Extensive experience managing multiple projects and achieving stated goals and requirements.
- Expertise in interpersonal techniques to meet and deal effectively with others at all levels of authority and exert a positive influence.
- Extensive experience communicating technical information orally and in writing in preparation of required reports.
- Must have an understanding of Government Agencies and their operations such as budgeting, funds flow, interrelationships, etc.
- Must be skilled in interviewing techniques required to obtain data from various people and sources.
- Experience background in either Audits or Investigations in an Inspector General environment is desirable.
- Experience in Afghanistan or reconstruction is desirable.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience is described as work that prepared you to do the work in this job and is defined as: conducting research and analysis to include reviews of reconstruction projects/programs, managing multiple tasks with meeting objective goals, and reports findings and suggested actions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Incumbent occupies a position that may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If your position is considered emergency essential, failure to remain in your position may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- Domestic and overseas travel may be required. For overseas travel, the incumbent will be required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the CENTCOM region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a Form SF 312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- The incumbent must be eligible for and be able to maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance and be subject to Random Drug Testing IAW AR 600-85 and Department of Defense Directive 2010.9.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.