STUDENT TRAINEE (COMPUTER ASSISTANT)
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR GS-05: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04 or equivalent. An example of specialized experience is knowledge of data processing rules, operating procedures, and processing methods to perform a wide range of information processing, preparing, advising, assisting, coding, and procedural problem solving duties; knowledge of a computer system, software, and hardware to provide maintenance and user advice, and assistance in all computer-related areas; knowledge of programming languages comparable to SQL to identify, develop input requirements for programs, and evaluate test results for newly developed or revised programs. Knowledge and skill to apply tools in the various software packages to appropriate applications; knowledge to maintain database inventories for use in various systems; knowledge of computer hardware and software terminology, codes, abbreviations, graphics, and jargon to review system documentation, explain problem areas, or receive instructions; knowledge of system hardware, software, and program capabilities and limitations for multi-programming systems in more than two partitions to diagnose problems, reset controls, install application software, make minor mechanical adjustments, and perform similar tasks to maintain or restore network operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilties and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of DoD and Air Force automated data processing standards, policies, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of information processing sequences, controls, and procedures; and computer hardware and/or software systems and their interfaces.
3. Knowledge of SQL, or other higher level programming language; and the terminology, codes, abbreviations, and graphics for preparing system documentation or programs.
4. Knowledge of local rules and procedures controlling job priorities and controls on access to data and program files.
5. Ability to use and maintain a computer system, equipment, and/or software.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts or Official Letter of Enrollment to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive