Student Trainee (Business and Industry)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
- This is a temporary internship to complete project work that's temporary in nature. The appointment is not-to-exceed 10 weeks.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
- If selected, you will be required to provide official transcripts and/or letter from the school stating you are enrolled in a degree/certificate program on at least half time basis in good standing and your expected graduation date.
- You must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program on a full or half-time basis as defined by the school (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum); and
- Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as high school or state-approved homeschool; or accredited technical or vocational school; a 2 or 4 year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum; and
- Students currently enrolled must be in good academic standing maintaining a 2.0 grade point average on a cumulative basis; and
- The duties of this position should be related to your academic or career goals.
- You must continue to meet these eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your appointment under the Pathways Internship Program.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of word processing automation software functions to support office operations and produce a variety of textual documents, such as letters, reports, memos, and form letters.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of rules, procedures, or operations applied to clerical assignment to perform the routine, procedural work of the office, such as preparing and editing documents, maintaining files/records, making and preparing travel arrangements, screening telephone calls and visitors, processing mail, planning, organizing, and carrying out assignments, and composing routine, nontechnical information for recurring reports and inquiries.
4. Knowledge of filing systems and procedures and the subject matter content of the materials being processed.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist may be required.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy.
GS-7 - Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.PeaceCorps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual;c ommunity; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If this position requires specific educational coursework to qualify, or you are qualifying based in whole or part on education, you are required to provide all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) by the closing date of this advertisement or you will be disqualified from further consideration. Please ensure that all documentation is legible. If selected, you will be required to provide official transcripts.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated,visit: https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/219100.htm.
Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer is required.
Moving and relocation expenses are not authorized.
Mythbuster on Federal Hiring Policies:
EEO Policy: EEO Policy Statement.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement.
Veterans' Information: Veterans Information.
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual’s employment experience will be used only to determine the person’s qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual’s personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Basis of Rating:
- We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job and eligibility requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are “Gold,” “Silver,” and “Bronze.” However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “Gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview. How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (Gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. (You must provide proof of disability rating with a letter from the Veteran's Administration showing disability percentage rating).
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret