- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) MAY be authorized.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts with this application package.
Basic Requirement for 1102 Series:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (The 24 semester hour requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree OR in addition to the degree.) (You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.)
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current DoD employee, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000, as follows: (1) Served as a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, OR (2) Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty; OR (B) you are a current member of the armed forces who occupied a position within an occupational specialty similar to the GS-1102 series on or before September 30, 2000. (You must submit an SF-50 and/or DD-214 with your application.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: Auditing, inspecting and reviewing annual statements related to the Government Purchase Card program; advising contract personnel on Government Purchase Card (GPC) use for contracts and basic purchase agreements; Analyzing contracting problems relating to issuance, maintenance, and surveillance of the GPC program; Monitoring the status, progress and completion of GPC contracts; Assist with analyzing program policies and procedures, developing plans, formulating guidelines, implementing new policies and procedures, and providing policy interpretation; Ensuring all mandatory GPC reviews and surveillance of accounts are performed and documented; Assist with making determinations to initiate investigations at appropriate level of responsibility for suspected fraud, waste and abuse based on preponderance of evidence.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-12.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/findaid/accred/index.html.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two (2) year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires a Secret Security Clearance.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) may be authorized.
- Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 position.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 3 in the Acquisition Career Field Contracting within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position and DoD Position Certification Level and Training Requirements. All Acquisition Workforce Position Mandated in Title 10, USC, Section 1723. DoD 5000.52-M, DoD Acquisition Career Development Program contains specific requirements for acquisition categories and grades/level. Current requirements are available at http://asc.army.mil/info/policies/check_list.cfm.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.