Public Health Analyst - HRSA GLOBAL
25% or less - Domestic travel ranges from 5% to 25% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Basic Requirements for all Public Health Program Specialist Series, 0685 positions require that you demonstrate specialized experience in each of the following five competencies:
- Knowledge of organizational, operational, and programmatic concepts and practices applied by public, private, or nonprofit agencies and organizations engaged in public health or other health-related activities.
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and techniques used to develop and deliver public health or health-related programs in State and local settings.
- Knowledge of a specialized public health program.
- Knowledge of, and skill in, the application of administrative or analytical methods and techniques necessary for working within the framework of a public health or related organization and carrying out specific program functions;
- Skill in oral and written communications, gathering and conveying information, making oral presentations, and preparing reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Monitor program effectiveness and provide reports on potential issues, deficiencies, etc.;
- Collecting and compiling qualitative and quantitative public health program data and provide summary report of findings; and
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to internal and external stakeholders at the state and local level on public health policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conducting short and long term planning for public health programs, initiatives and special projects;
- Establishing public health program standards, policies, strategies, goals, and evaluation plans;
- Collecting and interpreting data and information from a variety of sources and preparing recommendations accordingly; and
- Coordinating and leading workgroups, focus group, learning sessions, etc. for stakeholders at a state and local level to facilitate the promotion and improvement of public health programs to underserved populations.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 05/30/2018.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video?Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
**Applicants please note:Additional selections may be made across the Health Resources and Services Administration through this vacancy announcement.* Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Designs, implements and manages multiple or ongoing programs/projects, and directs the related resources, personnel and activities.
- PUBLIC HEALTH - Knowledge of the principles, practices, & methods of administering public health programs to provide advice and technical assistance on the improvement of public health activities, including analysis & evaluation for public health programs at Federal, State & local government levels.
- RESEARCH AND EVALUATION - Knowledge of the principles, methods, and processes used to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry; including study design, collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; and the reporting of results.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING - Supports organizational goals and objectives in accordance with strategic and/or operations plans.
To preview the occupational assessment questionnaire, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10211386 Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive