Information Technology Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Salary will range from $45,000-$50,000 and is commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Technical Report Writer
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to fill the position of Technical Report Writer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Technical Report Writer is responsible for creating, developing and managing email communication reports and filters using a variety of tools and techniques to communicate with prospective students, partners and other stakeholders throughout the admissions and enrollment cycle.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using a web based application to create, develop and manage reports using the application or SQL like statements;
- Maintain and document reporting solutions;
- Review and analyze data to predict future needs and recommend solutions;
- Translate and convert requirements from stakeholders into reporting;
- Understand the needs of various populations that the Admissions Office serves and translate those populations into data sets;
- Help support, train or assist in how to build, test and utilize reporting solutions;
- Provide training to both new and experienced end users on an ongoing basis;
- Perform quality assurance on all reports, auditing on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of data;
- Work in collaboration with other team members across the university and the Admissions Office to ensure excellent customer service; and
- Assist with other Office of Admissions projects, duties, and events as assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with using web based applications to create reports (1-2 years);
- Experience converting requirements to actionable reporting (1-2 years);
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a hectic, deadline-driven environment often working on multiple tasks concurrently;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand user needs;
- Superb time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member; and
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical users.
- SQL knowledge;
- Experience using business intelligence applications to create reports;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM; and
- Previous admissions experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants may apply for position number 02812z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :