7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a part-time Development Assistant.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Process gifts, acknowledgement letters, and work to maintain databases of donor information;
- Assist with special events, programs, solicitations, and donor stewardship;
- Maintain a supportive and effective working relationship with the GMU Foundation;
- Become proficient in the use of university development data management systems;
- Maintain a supportive and effective working relationship with the Center for the Arts staff and CVPA academic units;
- Provide office management support including placing supply orders; and
- Provide on-site staff support, as needed, for programs and activities, many of which occur on weekends and evenings. Required Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g. proficiency in: Microsoft Excel, the mail merge function in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Word in general, and Microsoft Publisher) ;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to thrive in a team-dependent and collaborative work environment while also being able to independently work on projects;
- Experience utilizing social media networks;
- Arts background or knowledge;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Strong attention to details; and
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand on your feet for several hours. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree;
- Good organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work creatively, independently and be a team player;
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills;
- Familiarity with word processing (i.e., Microsoft Office), spreadsheet, and database management software;
- Basic web and print design knowledge; and
- Database familiarity.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-06-11