Elev/Esc Compliance Manager
- Associate’s Degree in Construction Management, Environmental Safety Studies or related field.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued from the jurisdiction of residence is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience managing and/or performing safety audits and investigating incidents/accidents in the Elevator/Escalator field within a major transportation industry or on other major engineering construction projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Environmental Safety Studies or related field
- Successfully demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of compliance and quality management policies, programs, and initiatives is highly preferred.
- QEI Certification.
The Elevator/Escalator (ELES) Compliance Manager serves as the compliance and regulatory consultant in regards to performance, safety, asset management, regulatory oversight and quality control for the Office of Elevator Escalator Services (ELES). The incumbent serves as the regulatory liaison between the department and local jurisdictions and oversees and monitors compliance of ELES work in areas that include but are not limited to, safety and quality assurance, maintenance control policies, and ELES standard operating procedures. This position is also responsible for administering data within ELES management systems (i.e. Maximo, SMS, Asset Management), the ELES Safety Program, accident prevention and interpretation and development/update of safety procedures. The incumbent manages the internal safety audit program, investigates incidents/accidents, analyzes high-risk conditions and recommends solutions to minimize or eliminate hazards.
- Assists with the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of policies, maintenance control programs and procedures pertinent to ELES compliance regarding safety, code, asset management and quality management. Develops and implements compliance plans and oversees document control systems.
- Communicates and monitors all ELES progress towards satisfying corrective action plans and/or regulatory changes issued by an Authority having jurisdiction. Ensure compliance with regards to the Authority’s policies and procedures, contract requirements and government regulations by supporting, instructing and consulting with ELES management. Evaluates policy and maintenance controls to ensure efficiency and creates mission critical standard operating procedures.
- Works cooperatively with internal business partners and external governmental regulatory groups on quality and compliance related enforcement activities and issues including regular review meetings, site visits, and asset condition assessments.
- Assists with asset maintenance and replacement decisions. Works with ELES staff in preparation of elevator/escalator asset maintenance plan and ensures asset condition assessments are performed in order to maintain a state of good repair. Reports issues, activities and risks to the Asset Management department and relevant internal and external stakeholders. Advises ELES General Superintendent on the development of annual departmental/office safety goals and objectives.
- Reviews engineering designs/design modifications for compliance with all codes, government standards and regulations and evaluates all safety changes in equipment design or specifications.
- Conducts comprehensive hazard analyses testing and risk assessments of all ELES assets and ensures that potential environmental hazards and risk of department assets are documented.
- Ensures regulatory oversight remains compliant with team of 7 qualified elevator inspectors familiar with ASME, NEC, NFPA, ADA applicable building codes.
- Represents ELES at external and internal meetings, conferences, and other events on compliance issues, prepares and delivers concise compliance reports and briefings and stays abreast of regulatory requirements and changes that may impact the department.
- Develops asset management strategies, plans and requirements and coordinates delivery across the business. Assist with the development of ELES business plan(s) to develop approaches in communicating compliance issues, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements to all stakeholders.
- Investigates departmental customer, occupational, environmental and other accidents/incidents and recommends corrective or preventive action. Identifies, analyzes and documents root causes, develop corrective action plans relevant to compliance, policy and procedure issues.
- Monitors personnel functions and employment practices to ensure compliance. Implements and monitors the ELES diversity plan as outlined by the Authority.
- May operate Authority vehicle between work locations as required.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.Evaluation Criteria:Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview Skills Assessments Verification of education and experience Criminal Background Check Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.