· Setup, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, blends, mixes, or processes ingredients according to formulas and or recipes.
· Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measurements.
· Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, bouquet or color.
· Record production for each food product batch, such as ingredients used, temperature, results and time cycle.
· Clean and sanitize all equipment in the food processing areas.
· Determine mixing sequences based on knowledge of temperature effects and of the solubility of specific ingredients.
· Place product on carts to transfer them to the next stage of processing.
· Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate, quality, texture, flavor, color, and bouquet and document results.
· Work as a team with other workers who are assisting in these processes.
· Manipulate products by hand or by using machines, to separate, spread, knead, spin, cut, pull or roll products.
· Inspect all equipment and kitchen after cleaning to ensure that any and all fermentable residue has been thoroughly removed.
· Inspect final products.
· Knowledge of products, product quality factors, and equipment capabilities is essential to ensure equipment is operated at the highest capacity and the quality of the product meets expectations.
· Must maintain good communication with other employees in order to maintain efficient production.
· Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
· Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions and conditions.
· Understand and implement FIFO (First In First Out)
· Restock products that are used most frequently before and after each shift.
· Any and all other duties assigned.
· Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends based upon business needs.
· Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending, and stretching.
· Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours.
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures of hot and cold for extended periods.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds or more, with assistance.
This is a full-time position with paid vacations/holidays.
La Pasta Inc. offers a benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, and Vision. This position will have opportunities for growth. La Pasta Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.