Instructional Systems Specialist
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This series has an Individual Occupational Requirements, which means you MUST meet the educational requirements listed here.
Degree: that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
- Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
- Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
- Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
- Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
- Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
In addition to the above Individual Occupational Requirements, you MUST also meet the following qualifications, as well:
To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to FG/GS 11 or FV-H in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. To be credible, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
- Experience using educational and training principles to develop course content, materials, and instructional strategies for programs; evaluate interactive design products and documents to ensure system configuration for training programs; recommend the design of interactive courseware for training media materials.
** Specialized experience must be reflected in the work history section of the resume. Failure to do so will result in a rating of "not eligible".
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following has been determined to be a selective factor for this position. This means possession of this criterion is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criterion are ineligible for further consideration.
- Skill in the use of all phases of the Instructional System Design (ISD) approach, including needs analysis; task analysis; selection of appropriate training technologies and methods; and formative and summative evaluations in order to plan, administer, or evaluate the application of the ISD approach during technical training.
- Ability to apply research methodologies to survey research in order to monitor or evaluate studies for use in the development of performance-based training.
- Knowledge of budget, contracting and project management principles to develop business plans, cost estimates and detailed project plans and timelines.
- Selective Placement Factor #1: Knowledge of advanced training technologies, such as web-based training and simulation in order to design/adapt instructional strategies when their use promotes training efficiencies (e.g. cost avoidance, quicker access, more throughput, etc.).
- Selective Placement Factor #2: Skill in development and delivery of web-based training and learning programs incorporating multimedia elements (such as text, graphics, hyperlinks, video, audio, database functionality, and interactive elements), Shareable Content Object Reference Model requirements and conforming multimedia training products to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA or above.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your work experience supports your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA), and Other Factors answers. Your answers and associated work experience will be evaluated further to validate whether the answers that you selected are appropriate.
This position has a positive education requirement: Applicants must submit a copy of their college or university transcripts(s) and certificates by the closing date of announcement to verify qualifications. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. You may upload these documents with your application in USAJOBS or fax it to fax number provided in the announcement (please include announcement number on each page).
Failure to do so will result in loss of consideration.
Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated by a private professional organization specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials or an accredited U.S. educational institution in terms of equivalence to a degree acquired at an American college or university. A copy of the evaluation results must be included, otherwise your foreign education will not be considered.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for the announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below the KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each, in your work history section of your resume, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor)s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one-of-the-following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
3. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
4. Some, all or none of the referred candidates may be interviewed.
5. This position is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement No. AWA-AIR-18-0065JR-57395 as open to Current/Former Federal Employees. Please review both vacancy announcements to determine if you are eligible to apply.
6. If selected for the Renton, WA location, please note due to the recent facility relocation, the new duty location will actually be in Des Moines, WA.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.