Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes - Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - In accordance with applicable FAA Travel regulations, full relocation benefits will be paid (actual expenses).
As a basic requirement for entry into the FAA Executive System, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Leadership and Technical Requirements listed below.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following has been determined to be a selective factor for this position. This means possession of this criterion is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criterion are ineligible for further consideration.
- Do you have experience in achieving operational results? If so, provide examples of ways you have exercised leadership to deliver significant results. Explain how you established goals, assessed outcomes, and improved products and services. Indicate how you identified and met customers' requirements and addressed the needs of stakeholders. Include examples of complex problems you solved or difficult obstacles that you overcame as a leader. Your description should include (1) the size and complexity of organizations you have led, (2) the scope of programs you have managed, and (3) the impact of your results on customers and other stakeholders.
- Do you have experience leading people? If yes, describe the size of the organization and number and types of positions you have managed. Discuss ways that you have established and maintained positive work environments and prevented or eliminated discrimination or harassment. Describe ways that you have mentored and developed employees and built individual and team performance. Discuss how you have established and led teams to deliver products and services. Include in your description experience in leading others in a matrix environment across organizations.
- Do you have experience building relationships? If yes, describe (1) the types of individuals with whom you routinely collaborate; and (2) the purpose and outcomes of the communication. Discuss your experience in communicating and cooperating with others to achieve goals. Provide examples of how you have built relationships to achieve consensus and how you were able to obtain the cooperation of others with competing priorities and perspectives. Describe how you effectively communicate information within and outside of your organization.
- Do you have experience leading strategic change? If yes, describe examples of strategic changes that you led for your organization; describe the entities that the change affected (agency, industry, organizational components). Discuss obstacles you encountered and how you overcame them to the benefit of the agency. Include in your description ways that you applied long-range vision, developed strategies, and applied innovative ideas and techniques.
- Demonstrated senior level experience overseeing a complex, commercial space transportation program with national impact.
- Demonstrated senior level experience addressing matters related to U.S. launch sites and ranges, commercial space systems, and the FAA-licensed launch and reentry sites, including applicable standards and safety.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Commercial Space Launch Act (51 USC Subtitle V, ch 509) and related statutes, and of space launch standards and federal regulations.
Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Veterans preference does not apply to the FAA Executive System.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.