Mediator (Open Continuous)
75% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Note: Resumes for federal government positions require more detailed work descriptions than a typical private-sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your relevant work experiences in your resume. Tips for Writing A Federal Resume
Your resume must clearly indicate your level ofCOLLECTIVE BARGAININGexperience to include:
- years of experience;
- breadth of responsibilities;
- complexity of bargaining matters;
- overall impact of bargaining on parties and the community;
- utilization of varied bargaining processes;
- substantial knowledge of contract language;
- familiarity with a broad scope of subjects;
- experience in numerous and diverse bargaining circumstances; and
- knowledge of joint processes to improve labor-management relationships.
Part-time or unpaid experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by 11:59pm EST of the cutoff or closing date of this announcement.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Announcement: This announcement may be used to hire more than one candidate for each location. Applicants are encouraged to Sign Up for FMCS Updates (via email) for Career notifications, to learn of application submission cut-off dates for vacancies in a specific Field Office/duty station. Qualified applications received after the cutoff date, may be considered for future referral lists. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency.
- Salary: The 2018 GS Base salary range displayed above does NOT include 2018 GS Locality pay, which will vary by geographic location. Once 2019 GS Base and Locality Tables have been released, this announcement will be updated to accurately reflect any annual pay adjustments.
- Promotion Potential : After successfully serving for a period of two years at the GS-0241-13 level; you will become eligible for promotion consideration to the GS-0241-14.
- Veterans' Preference: FMCS Mediator positions are in the Excepted service, therefore, there is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to mediator appointments.
- Schedule A Direct Hiring Authority: FMCS Mediator positions are in the Excepted service, therefore, there is no preference given to applicants eligible under the Schedule A Direct Hiring Authority.FMCS, however, considers Schedule A eligibility as a positive factor in the Mediator hiring process. If you are eligible to be considered, you are encouraged to include that information in your application along with any supporting documentation, e.g. proof of disability documentation.
- Direct Deposit: Selectee is required to participate in the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service direct deposit of pay program.
- Security Clearance: Your ability to meet and maintain suitability and security requirements is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Following a cutoff date, we will review your resume and your responses to the Occupational Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the qualifications for this position. If you indicate you meet the job qualifications for the announcement, but your resume and/or supporting documentation does not confirm your rating, you may be excluded from further consideration for this job.
Note: If your application is reviewed and rated as ineligible, but you gain the required experience during the open period of the announcement, please Update Your Application through USAJOBS to ensure your updated resume reflects this additional experience to potentially qualify you for the next location's cut off deadline.
Once the review has been completed, a list of qualified applicants is referred to the hiring Regional Director for further consideration. The application status of these applicants will change to "Referred". All other applicants (not being considered) will see a "Not Referred" status. If your name is referred, you may be contacted for a possible interview.