Financial Management Specialist, NF-0501-05
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. Travel away from the duty location overnight occasionally.
2. Serve a one year service agreement if moving expenses are paid by the Government.
General Conditions of Employment
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries
6. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
7. Direct Deposit is required.
Three years specialized experience working in Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Morale, Welfare, and Recreation financial management activity at the site/installation level conducting financial reviews and analysis of MWR programs; implementing an internal controls program; and monitoring budget execution and ongoing budget requirements to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and guidance.
The position has highly qualified criteria. Candidates who meet the highly qualified criteria may be referred before applicants who only meet the minimum qualifications, notwithstanding required preference categories.
Candidates are considered highly qualified if the specialized experience was gained working at a Department of Army NAF MWR financial management activity.
There is not a positive education requirement for this position; nor can education be used to meet minimum qualifications, nor highly qualifed criteria.
180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who, by the closing date of the announcement, have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Application packages will be evaluated to determine if the applicant demonstrated in his/her resume the required specialized experience and highly qualified criteria. Failure to include information that clearly demonstrates experience, education, or other qualifying factors (i.e. dates, grades) may result in an ineligible rating or a rating of not highly qualified.
Your resume MUST contain contact information include a complete mailing address and telephone number. Applicants will be rated "Ineligible" if their resume is missing a complete mailing address and telephone number. We encourage you to include your email address on your resume.
NOTE: Redacting official supporting documents, such as DD 214s, SF-50s, DA 3434s, etc, including "blacking" out social security numbers, DOB, addresses, etc., may result in you not being afforded the requested employment/preference category.
If you have previously worked for the Federal government in an Appropriated Funds or Nonappropriated Funds position, you MUST include your official position title, pay plan, series, grade, Agency/Department and activity. Failure to provide this information may result in a rating of ineligible, not qualified, or not highly qualified.
Resumes which contain inappropriate materials, such as pictures or classified information will be rated as "ineligible" and the application will receive no further consideration.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.