Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% of the time for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
1) Managing day-to-day operations and 2) Interpreting and applying policies, guidelines, and regulations and 3) Analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recommending solutions and 4) Maintaining a tasker tracking system.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement..
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- Position may be filled as a term appointment not to exceed 30 September 2019, if the candidate is not a current permanent Army Employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment not to exceed 30 September 2019 by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years and may be made permanent without further competition.
- Employees hire under the modified term appointment are in a non-permanent status but may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional (permanent) appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.