AF Pathways Internship Program (Information Technology)
Occasional travel - May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying accredited institution
- Must sign a Participant Agreement and maintain a GPA of 2.95 or higher
- Drug testing may be required
- You must submit a copy of your transcripts and proof of enrollment
- You must submit a Resume
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university:
· Accepted for enrollment or are enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree (Junior/Senior only), Graduate or Professional Degree
· Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
· Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
· Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position may be filled at the (IDENTIFY GRADE LEVELS BASED ON CFT RECRUITMENT STRATEGY), For example: GS-04, GS-05 grade level depending on applicant qualifications and organizational requirements. The individual selected for this position may be considered for promotion to a higher grade without further competition upon meeting all legal and regulatory/program requirements.
Applicant must be seeking a degree in computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Air Force Qualification Standards
To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associate's degree in a related field of study
To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment. For additional information or to register, click here.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
The entire period served under the Internship Program counts as the participant's trial period.Interns may work part-time or full-time schedules.
Interns may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a term or permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of degree requirements, if they meet the following:
1. A U.S. citizen
2. Successfully complete academic course of study with a GPA of at least 2.95 (GPA 3.1 for certain engineer positions)
3. Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program
4. Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the position the intern may be converted to
5. Maintain acceptable performance"It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee the agency will offer conversion."
DIRECT DEPOSIT: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the Air Force unique qualification standard for student employment. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines .
Veterans' Preference does apply in the recruitment and hiring procedures of Interns under the Pathways program. Selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Incomplete applications that do not include supporting documentation may be eliminated from consideration. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, in the occupational questionnaire, will not be evaluated further. Your application may not receive appropriate consideration without the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or removal after hiring.Read more Security clearance