Senior Communications Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Advanced degree; and
- Three (3) years of substantive experience as demonstrated by a sustained record of accomplished, analytical writing and other professional achievements.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, along with at least four (3) years of substantive experience in relevant areas that demonstrate commensurate experience;
- Experience working with the media required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including copy editing;
- Experience drafting press releases, web content, and other communications materials;
- Experience with website maintenance (Drupal or WordPress), or the ability to learn the necessary skills quickly;
- Experience working with various contact management systems and/or email distribution programs such as Cision, Meltwater, Mail Chimp, etc.;
- Ability to implement a social media strategy and experience with social media outreach including Facebook and Twitter;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting, defining and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Working knowledge of AP Style, MS Office, HTML, Google Analytics (and/or other metrics tools), and other web-related skills are helpful, but not required; and
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and collegial demeanor.
At minimum poses a Bachelors' degree in a relevant field. An advance degree is desired but not a must.
USCIRF offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, ten Federal holidays, retirement, life insurance, and medical benefits. Please visit www.opm.gov for more information on benefits.
Selective Service. If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify at the time of appointment that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law.
Reasonable Accommodation. USCIRF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact USCIRF at (202) 523-3240. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This job is excepted from the competitive civil service. Applicants will be evaluated and deemed either eligible or ineligible based on the relevance and quality of their experience and education and on the desired qualifications described above.
Pursuant to section 204(c) of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998, as amended, USCIRF staff members are hired "on the basis of professional and nonpartisan qualifications.