Manager of Public Relations and Marketing
Care. Compassion. Community.
The Public Relations/Marketing Manager for Non-Acute Services reports to the Director, Public Relations/Marketing, Non-Acute Services. This position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day public relations and marketing activities for physician networks, including the Adventist Medical Group (AMG) and One Health Quality Alliance clinically integrated network, Adventist HealthCare Urgent Care, Adventist HealthCare Imaging and LifeWork Strategies. The manager also works on other Adventist HealthCare Population Health projects and initiatives.
1. Develop and manage day-to-day marketing, communications and public relations activities for non-acute services noted above. This may include developing integrated campaigns to support patient volume growth in physician offices, imaging centers and urgent care centers.
2. Ensure that marketing and communication projects align with corporate and entity strategies and policies.
3. Manage day-to-day digital campaigns for physician practices, urgent care and imaging. Partner with digital vendor to optimize campaigns as needed.
4. Attend operational and leadership meetings for relevant services to present marketing activities, as needed.
5. Assist with management of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as online review monitoring software. This includes drafting posts/messages, developing plans, etc.
6. Draft content for materials, news releases, magazine stories, website, blog posts and social media.
7. Develop advertising content and creative concepts for integrated campaigns, with the help of customer relationship management (CRM) and physician relationship management (PRM) tools.
8. Evaluate and coordinate participation and strategies for community events for non-acute services in partnership with the leadership teams. In some cases, position may attend events with service line staff.
9. Ensure that activities remain within annual budgets and communicate changes to supervisor.
10. Work with advertising partners to develop media buys and negotiate pricing for campaigns.
11. Work on other projects for Population Health, or the system, as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
Minimum of three years' experience in public relations, marketing, communications or journalism, preferably in healthcare
Strong writing skills.
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Strong project management skills
Understanding of healthcare, with experience in Maryland and Washington, D.C. region a plus
Experience in using social media platforms
Ability to attend events, including weekends and evenings
Willingness and ability to travel to physician offices, meetings in other locations, etc.
Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, environment
Familiar with Microsoft suite of software, other database systems and statistical packages
Knowledge of CRM/PRM is preferred
Must be creative, enthusiastic and a strategic thinker
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser