This is skilled work in the repair, maintenance and renovation of plumbing fixtures and systems supporting facilities throughout Loudoun County Public Schools.
An employee in this class is responsible for repairing, replacing parts or equipment as needed, and performing periodic maintenance checks of plumbing systems and fixtures. Work is performed in accordance with standard practices of the trade and applicable codes and regulations. Receives daily work assignments electronically through a work order management system. An experienced worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
* Repairs or installs commercial plumbing fixtures in schools and support facilities; replaces parts such as washers, faucet seats, ice makers, garbage disposals, booster heaters, water heaters, and pipes
* Performs summer maintenance on boilers and gas burners; maintains sewage lift stations
* Performs back flow preventer testing, maintenance and installations; repairs/winterizes irrigation systems
* Removes and installs drinking fountains and water coolers; replaces water reducing valves, mixing valves, circulating pumps, well pumps, and controls on boilers; unclogs drain lines, stools, and sinks
* May be assigned to lead a team of maintenance personnel to accomplish a maintenance project.
* Serves as an Essential Employee to perform emergency repairs; performs related work as required.
Experience at a journeyman level in the plumbing trade and of the tools, equipment, and materials used in the trade or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Licensed Journeyman Plumber (Required), Licensed Master Plumber (Preferred)
* Licensed Virginia Waterworks Operator, Class IV or higher (Desired)
* Knowledge of the plumbing trade; knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade
* Ability to read blueprints and other drawings; ability to communicate effectively
* Skill in using the tools, equipment and materials of the trade safely and effectively
* Ability to inspect plumbing work for compliance with specifications and applicable codes
* Current valid driver's license, CDL is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
Plumber reports to the Maintenance Supervisor in Facilities Services