Director of HR Services for University Life
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : $65,000 - $75,000 Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director of HR Services for University Life
The Division of University Life at George Mason University is seeking interested and qualified candidates for the newly created Director of HR Services position. The Director of HR Services position is part of the Divisional Operations and Planning area of University Life. This position develops, directs and manages the overall administration, coordination and continuous improvement of the Human Resources function within the Division of University Life. This position provides supervision and mentoring of Human Resources staff in units, managing our HR shared services for the division. This position works closely with unit directors to deliver Human Resources services across University Life. This position reports to the Executive Director of Divisional Operations and Planning for University Life and regularly interfaces with division senior leadership including VP, AVPs, and Associate Deans, as well as division directors, departmental staff and other University personnel.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
University Life is implementing a shared services model for administrative functions across its division to evaluate and improve our administrative processes and best leverage staff resources. We are seeking a collaborative HR professional to can lead this effort for the University Life Human Resources function. This position will provide leadership of the HR processes for thirty university departments, representing 350 staff and more than 1,000 student employees.
- Provides supervision and mentoring of University Life Human Resources staff. Establishes and evaluates performance expectations for three classified direct reports and guides professional development activities.
- Leads the strategy and execution of the Human Resources function for the division of University
- Life, developing short and long term strategic plans, as well as provides input to departmental strategic actions addressing HR functions.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops, and recommends changes to the divisions policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters as they relate to efficiency and effectiveness; makes recommendations to senior staff and monitors and ensures compliance with university policy.
- Manages employee relations issues with HR Employee Relations, supervisors and employees.
- Manages and provides backup to division-wide personnel transactions, leading the University Life relationship with the central Mason Human Resources area.
- Responsible for Division compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Provides oversight for employee compensation; reviews salary levels for existing and new positions; and coordinates with workforce planning to conduct salary studies when needed.
- Works directly with University Life directors to assist in the execution and evaluation of departmental responsibilities on processing personnel matters, including position recruitment activities.
- Provides oversight of the annual performance evaluation process, working with unit directors to improve performance management practice.
- Develops and manages human resources systems and procedures that meet the divisions personnel information needs. Analyzes personnel data to support division initiatives and HR practice.
- Serves on committees and coordinates special projects. Initiates and fulfills additional responsibilities consistent with the strategic and leadership expectations associated with this position. Required Qualifications:
- A Masters degree in a field related to business administration or HR, or equivalent education and manager level experience.
- At least seven years of experience with progressively responsible duties and assignments in HR, supervision, and management of personnel systems and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to work collaboratively and effectively.
- Team orientation and inclusive philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in the areas of Human Resources, performance management, policy and procedure, and organizational development. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :