Position Announcement #118008 – Executive Coordinator
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire an Executive Coordinator (level 4). Salary $40,000 - $50,000. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Engagement.
To provide advanced administrative to the VP, Engagement and SVP, Communications and project support to Engagement team.
• Provides administrative support to the VP, Engagement and SVP, Communications, including, but not limited to, maintaining electronic calendars, scheduling appointments/meetings/conference calls; making travel arrangements; preparing, proofreading and editing materials; compiling and submitting expense reports; providing phone coverage; sorting and prioritizing mail/incoming documents, ordering supplies; other office duties as assigned.
• Support the Vice President day to day around key initiatives and grant programs including planning meetings, special events, public media station and partner consultations; preparing and maintaining project calendars, event materials, briefing and background materials, meeting notes and follow-ups; and processing invoices and reimbursements, etc.
• Work with Project Officers on grant submissions and tracking, grantee support materials, and coordinate cross-company team meetings.
• Set up and maintain electronic shared and hard copy files, as well as physical files as needed, around talking points, memos, reports, presentations, graphics, signage, premiums, and events supplies.
• Draft reports, presentations and/or weekly updates on key initiatives and grants for executive offices, board and other key stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in media, marketing and communications, business, or a related field.
• Two-three years related work experience, preferably in a position requiring skills in communications, meeting/event logistics, digital media, project management, and/or administration.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proofread and generate original presentations, correspondence and reports.
• Excellent project logistic and planning skills with close attention to details and timelines.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, graphics software, and database programs; strong web-based research skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and foster relationships through a professional presence and interact competently and courteously with a variety of people both internal and external to CPB.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and issues of varying complexity, while managing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• High level of attention to detail, managing significant information flow in and out of the department, and strong proofreading skills to ensure a high level of accuracy.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history to –
NOTE: This link is not compatible with “Internet Explorer” Web Browser.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.