Supervisory IT Specialist (Network)
- Full Time
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 15%.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
This position has a basic requirement that you must meet in addition to the experience required below. The basic requirement is as follows:
Basic Requirement: You must possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined: 1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when providing oversight of information technology and conscientious about attending to detail in the application of IT policies and procedures; 2) Customer Service - working with clients and customers (e.g., senior management officials, information technology personnel, research and development organizations, the general public) to assess technology needs, providing technical information or assistance, resolving IT problems, or satisfying expectations; knowledgeable about innovations in IT products and services; and committed to providing quality products and services; 3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; delivering technically authoritative and persuasive oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately; and 4) Problem Solving - identifying technology problems; determining accuracy and relevance of information; and using expert judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as work that involves: developing policies, programs and systems pertaining to the IT functions; managing functional areas such as customer support, information management, telecommunications, security and cybersecurity; skill in troubleshooting, system problem, failure diagnosis and correction; advising the Command on technology innovations to include capabilities and limitations; experience supervising, leading or reviewing/inspecting the work of other employees. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Information Management
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning
- Information Technology Life Cycle Management
- Oral Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 position
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.