Nurse (Clinical Research)
5 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
For all grade levels and positions, applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
One year of specialized nursing experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following tasks: Examples of qualifying experience include: Obtaining, documenting and monitoring vital signs; Administering medications (oral, IV, intramuscular and subcutaneous) as ordered; Providing patient and family education on medications, diet and upcoming surgical and/or diagnostic procedures AND and possession of a diploma, associate degree, bachelor's degree, or master's degree from a professional nursing educational program.
Successful completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field.
Note: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10210008(link to questionnaire)
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing 70 lbs.
- This position requires weekend hours, night shifts, regular or rotational shifts, holiday hours.
- This position has on-call or call-back requirements.
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Selections made through this announcement will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would, therefore, be given new appointments to the civil service.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements.