Lead Medical Support Assistant
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to: leading staff members and managing workflow in a medical research environment; relaying pertinent patient information to medical staff; performing quality checks for accuracy of patient information as it is entered into the electronic healthcare system; and give job training to new employees.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10209451(link to questionnaire)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- This position is designated as an 'emergency essential' position and the selected candidate will be considered an 'emergency' employee and will be required to be available, ready, and willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances, e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive