Systems Risk Analyst
25% or less - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
CT-12 Level: To qualify for the CT-12 level you must meet the Selective Placement Factor listed below andhave at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS/CT-11 level).
Specialized experience is defined as experience applying knowledge of IT concepts, standards, guidelines, and techniques regarding system safeguards and security control reviews.
CT-13 Level: To qualify for the CT-13 level you must meet the Selective Placement Factor listed below and have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS/CT-12 level).
Specialized experience is defined as experience applying knowledge of IT concepts, standards, guidelines, and techniques regarding system safeguards and security control reviews; experience in oversight of compliance on systems of an electronic trading environment; experience in evaluating the reliability, cyber and physical security, scalable capacity, internal oversight, and testing of automated trading and data reporting systems; and experience in evaluating emergency procedures, backup facilities, and disaster recovery plans electronic trading systems.
CT-14 Level: To qualify for the CT-14 level you must meet the Selective Placement Factor listed below and have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS/CT-13 level).
Specialized experience is defined as experience through which one has gained a mastery knowledge of systems and network architecture sufficient to: understand and discuss the functional characteristics of and interrelationships between sub-systems and linked systems of an electronic trading environment; assess the existence and effectiveness of redundancy, security controls and extensibility within that electronic trading environment; read and interpret system and network physical and logical diagrams.
Selective Placement Factor: Applicants must have experience using information security principles to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and its information.
One or more professional certifications in the following system safeguards and IT field are highly desired:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP);
- Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP);
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (COEIT);
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP);
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP);
- Certified Security Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP);
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM);
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC);
- Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP);
- Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP);
- Business Continuity Certified Planner (BCCP);
- Business Continuity Certified Lead Auditor (BCCLA);
- Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS).
Relocation. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Must serve a one year probationary period.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must score 85 or better on established ranking criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.ICTAP candidates MUST submit:
- A copy of their agency reduction-in-force notice;
- A copy of your most recent Performance Rating;
- A copy of your most recent SF-50 noting current or last position held, the grade level, and the duty location; and
- A copy of your notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function outside the local commuting area or documentation showing you were separated as a result of RIF or declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function outside the local commuting area.
The following links provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities: 1. VRA - http://federaljobs.net/veterans.htm 2. VEOA - http://opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp 3. 30% or more disabled veteran - http://opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp 4. Persons with disabilities - http://www.opm.gov/DISABILITY/ 5. CTAP - http://www.opm.gov/ctap/ 6. ICTAP - http://www.opm.gov/ctap/
EEO Policy Statement. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Selective Placement Factor: This position requires a special qualification that has been determined to be essential to perform the duties of the position and will be used as a screen out element. If the selective placement factor experience is not documented in your resume you will not receive further consideration under this announcement. In addition to the specialized experience requirement this position has the following selective placement factor(s)
• Applicants must have experience using information security principles to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and its information.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
- Information Technology Architecture - Knowledge of an electronic trading environment's systems and network architecture in order to assess the effectiveness of redundancy, security controls and extensibility and to understand the characteristics and interrelationships between systems within this environment.
- Technical Competence - Ability to plan, schedule, and manage technical projects.
- Written and Oral Communication - Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner, both orally and in writing, in order to prepare reports that document analysis, findings, and conclusions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation