Supervisory Security Specialist
Occasional travel - 1-5 days per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If you are selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure form within 30 days of your first day of employment and annually thereafter.
If you are selected, you must complete a one year probationary period.
If you are selected, you must complete (or have already completed) a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period.
Upon acceptance of an initial appointment to a supervisory or managerial position with the EPA, you agree to complete all elements of the EPA Successful Leaders Program. This development program is designed to enhance leadership skills and abilities and meet the Agency's goal of providing new leaders with the skills and tools you need to be successful.
You will be required to obtain and maintain a top-secret security clearance.
We are looking for at least one year of specialized experience related to this position as described below:
To qualify for the GS-15 level, you need to have at least one year of full time experience equivalent to the GS-14 level defined as planning, assigning, and overseeing the work of staff; overseeing software technology for successful integration, management and development of policies and procedures for an Enterprise Physical Assess Control System (ePACS); working with others to build consensus agreements on controversial matters and persuading others to accept findings, recommendations and alternative viewpoints.
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
- Skill in maximizing the effectiveness of strategy by aligning and integrating efforts, core processes, activities and resources.
- Ability to provide recommendations and approve personnel actions for the Branch staff, including awards; hear and resolve serious complaints/grievances; identify training needs in an equitable manner.
- Skill in providing physical security and preparedness technical advice and decisions.
- Skill in using collaborative work initiatives to increase the coherence, strength and effectiveness within the branch.
- Knowledge of federal regulations related to EPASS and the collection of fingerprints, enrollment, badge printing/issuance, certificate and badge replacement processes.
- Knowledge of federal regulations related to EPASS and PIN reset and badge destruction to ensure agency implementation of a mandatory government-wide standard for secure and reliable forms of identification for federal and non-federal employees.
- Ability to review and coordinate security architectural and engineering design plans that incorporates physical security systems and measures in a new EPA construction and renovations projects.
- Skill in communicating change in a way that helps people realign their work and energy behind the new reality, using compelling vision, clear and detailed steps, and persuasive skills.
- Ability to oversee and implement an Enterprise Physical Access Control System (e-PACS) program including project planning, software applications, design, acquisition, and installation.
Are you a Displaced Federal Employee? If so, please read the Required Documents section and visit the EPA website for additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures
EPA participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. For additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
If you are selected, travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid by EPA. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting to work in this position will be your responsibility.
If you have part-time work experience, read this: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
Position has portable work and selectee may be authorized to telework after meeting eligibility requirements if approved by the supervisor/manager.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the online assessment. Your responses to the online assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the ‘Best Qualified’, ‘Well Qualified’, or ‘Qualified’ category.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. If you are referred for consideration, you may be subject to additional assessments.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
To preview questions please click here.