Senior Advisor for Research
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Bachelor's degree, or graduate/higher level degree with major study in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of this position. (This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained).
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Government. Examples of qualifying experience include: developing and implementing scientific initiatives for clinical research programs and activities; developing scientific policies on clinical research programs or vaccine development; analyzing and evaluating vaccine research programs for implementation; advising on pre-clinical vaccine research and program development; and representing a scientific organization on research development committees.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10189961 (link to questionnaire)
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- A one-year supervisory trial/probationary period may be required upon selection/ placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450 to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This information is required annually. For information, visit the NIH Ethics website: https://ethics.od.nih.gov/topics/fd.htm.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, remote work, compressed schedules, flexible schedules]
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- Additional selections may be made across the entire Department of Health and Human Services within the Washington, DC commuting area through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.Read more Security clearance Other