Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $35,000 - $38,000 Commensurate with experience
Web Announcement :
George Mason University Executive and Professional Education is seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual to serve as the Project Assistant for open-enrollment programs. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Executive and Professional Education is committed to meeting the needs of organizations, agencies and individuals through both alternative credit and noncredit professional development programs that are timely, relevant and cost effective. Executive and Professional Education strives to facilitate the development, promotion, and delivery of educational and training solutions which complement the academic strengths and expertise of the university. By providing innovative and diversified educational/training experiences, we enhance workforce development, organizational effectiveness and economic development.
Responsibilities: This position reports to the Project Manager for Open Enrollment programs. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering quality customer service to students and potential students by answering phone and email inquiries;
- Tabulating and distributing evaluation summaries and preparing course packets;
- Monitoring student participation, and online components of course requirements;
- Copying and filing for the office;
- Assisting with website updates; and
- Coordination of student parking and special events. Required Qualifications:
- Must have exemplary communication skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Advanced use of computer applications (Microsoft Office suite),customer/ student service knowledge and skills;
- Ability to expertly organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment;
- Ability to focus on formalizing and implementing a detailed administrative workflow process. Preferred Qualifications:
- General office experience;
- University Ellucian Banner or other registration software experience;
- Experience in a higher education setting;
- Experience in providing administrative support to complex projects with several contributing factors/influences.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :