Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Program Assistant, National Security Institute
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School seeks a Program Assistant for the National Security Institute (NSI) on the Arlington, VA., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to National Security Instituteâ€™s Program Manager, the NSI Program Assistant will be responsible for the successful execution of NSI events and for supporting NSIâ€™s other programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and marketing NSI events;
- Managing event registration;
- Preparation of event materials;
- On-site event management;
- Preparing content for and managing NSIâ€™s website and social media accounts;
- Booking media opportunities for institute experts;
- Assisting with publication of NSI research and advocacy papers and other written materials;
- Supporting the Program Manager in all aspects of NSIâ€™s work; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree--or an equivalent combination of education and experience--is required, as well as experience in event management;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented;
- Ability to interact with persons at all levels, including high-level legal officials and academics, in a professional manner and in different settings is critical;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite as well as strong database experience are necessary;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends; and
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is necessary.
- Public policy or legal experience is desirable; and
- Ability to interact with TV/Radio producers is desirable.
This is not a supervisory position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10522z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-05-29