Transportation Planner II
4 days left
- Full Time
Develops funding plans for transportation projects and associated budgeting activities. Performs transportation agency liaison duties. Oversees the implementation of transportation projects in area specific funding plans, creates and monitors cash flows for transportation projects. Assists in development of funding strategies for transportation projects. Assists in developing applications for transportation funding. Analyzes transportation policy issues and provides recommendations. Assist in the development and implementation of business processes; and, serves as back-up to the management of the transportation proffers. Increased volume, new revenue streams and proffer audit requires additional funds administration and research to be performed.
Position may be underfilled as a Transportation Planner I; the Underfill Requirements are stated below in the Employment Standards section.
- Ability to work independently, to set individual priorities, to manage time effectively and to apply consistently sound judgment;
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret research data and present in written/graphic form, making sound practical recommendations;
- Ability to write detailed, accurate reports, grants, or solicitations for pertinent areas of administration;
- Ability to make oral presentations to department management, other departments, or the public;
- Ability to use transportation planning/analysis software, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software to prepare documents and to store, manipulate, analyze, and present information;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with county and government officials and the general public;
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field; plus two years of experience related to transportation planning.
This vacancy will be underfilled at the level of Transportation Planner I (Grade S21, $49,623 - $82,704). The employment standards for the Transportation Planner I are: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field. Click here to view the complete details and KSAs for the Transportation Planner I. Upon completion of an underfill agreement (which will require that the employee meet the employment standards stated above in addition to obtaining competencies defined by the hiring agency) the employee will be elevated to the level of Transportation Planner II.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience in three or more of the following areas, one of which must be strong analytical, verbal and writing skills with experience in giving presentations:
- Experience in monitoring and developing capital improvement programs;
- Pursuing grants and developing funding strategies;
- Experience with local and state governments, boards, commissions, authorities and transportation agencies;
- Analyzing transportation and policy issues at the state or federal level;
- Identifying work flow issues and developing solutions;
- Transportation proffer management;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government officials and the general public;
- Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills.
Work is generally sedentary. However, employee may be required to do some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items under 5 pounds in weight. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.