Video Editor/ Video Production Specialist
Video Editor / Video Production Specialist
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College seeks a Video Editor / Video Production Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Video Production, the Video Editor / Video Production Specialist is a talented video editor who has a passion to tell stories, and can assist on high-def video production crews in the field and in our studio. The ideal candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and also work independently, efficiently navigating between multiple projects.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Edit videos for the UMUC website and social media
· Perform video editing functions including graphic and motion graphic creation, animation/compositing, color correction, music selection, and audio editing
· Research stock footage
· Engineer voiceover sessions
· Properly maintain video editing equipment
· Assist with production logistics
· Set up equipment for video productions in the field and our studio
· Record sound and operate 2nd camera on video productions as needed
· Back-up media immediately after a video production
· Send out audio files for transcription after productions
Assist with UMUC cable TV Station
· Supervise TV Student employee hiring and training
· Create schedules for student employees
· Search for new programs to add to UMUC TV
· Production logistics
· Assist with styling, continuity, props and craft services on productions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in Television, Communications, Visual Arts or a related field
· Four to six years of professional experience as a video editor, preferably with strong graphic experience
· Technical experience in Studio and Field productions
· Excellent communication skills, online and in person
· Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects as well as Final Cut Pro X
· Knowledge of all aspects of high-definition video productions
· Available for night and weekend work when needed
· Ability to lift 30 or more pounds of equipment
· Ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
· Highly detail oriented.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, troubleshoot and work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Resume and samples of previous work is required with a preference to see previous work via on-line links.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.