Park Management Specialist I
1 day left
- Full Time
The Fairfax County Park Authority, Park Services Division, is looking for a strong and experienced team leader with exceptional analytical and technical skills to lead our Business Office. Under general supervision from the Division Director, oversees a highly technical and financially diverse division that operates a centralized system for registration, park permits, business analytics, business activity licenses, historic rental properties. Prepares budget projections, completes complex budget analysis for more than $40M in the revenue fund, manages and develops critical financial reports across more than 30 sites of varying size and scope. Serves on the Leadership Team and in concert participates on Strategic Plan development and implementation, reviews Master Plans especially those who have a revenue aspect as well as being able to address past financial performance as it could impact bond project development as well as provide prediction measures regarding financial security. Required to write and prepare and make presentations to the Park Authority Board on a regular basis related to financial performance at individual sites within the revenue operating fund. The position requires numerous monthly and weekly meetings to ensure financial information reporting is accomplished in a timely fashion.Illustrative Duties
- Develops long-range goals and strategic plans;
- Prepares annual operating objectives and monitors progress toward these objectives;
- Serves as a member of the division management team and interdivisional teams;
- Reviews program budget expenditures and budget requests;
- Prepares and submits a consolidated budget to the appropriate approving authority;
- Develops management indicators for budget development and evaluation of organizational performance to goals;
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures and implements or recommends changes;
- Ensures that all data necessary for the functioning and management of the organization is stored and retrievable;
- Supervises, evaluates and counsels subordinate personnel and provides for training and career development;
- Analyzes programs' use patterns and performance to goals, reports the results there of and recommends improvements and changes;
- Evaluates suggestions for new programs and improvements to existing programs;
- Prepares periodic reports concerning organizational activities and accomplishments.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the assigned specialty area within parks and recreation;
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of organization and management;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration;
- Ability to plan and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel;
- Ability to supervise, evaluate and counsel employees;
- Ability to analyze programs and evaluate their performance against established objectives;
- Ability to prepare clear, concise financial and administrative reports;
- Ability to evaluate, refine and consolidate budget requests;
- Ability to use a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment;
- Ability to work effectively in a group of both peers and subordinates;
- Ability to keep abreast of new developments in the field;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to the following: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in recreation and park management or other pertinent related field; plus four years of experience in work related to parks or recreation, including responsible administrative/managerial experience, preferably in the applicable functional area.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid motor vehicle driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or closely related field or the equivalent experience;
- Seven or more years of experience in providing statistical data; including complex spreadsheets across multiple divisions and code cost centers;
- Seven or more years of managing/supervising staff;
- Knowledge of County Financial System (FOCUS);
- Knowledge of Computer Integrated Facilities Management system and or recreation management systems (CIFM or IWMS);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent training skills;
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
Position is primarily sedentary in nature. May be necessary at times to travel to various Park Authority sites and to stand or walk. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview; may include exercise such as: writing sample, brief presentation, or reviewing financial documents and providing an assessment.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.